Hereford businesses can apply for a grant of up to £10,000 for electric bikes or electric cargo bikes. The grant can fund up to 100% of the costs.
Applications can be submitted from January 6 – 27.
The application form and supporting information is available here: www.herefordshire.gov.uk/ebikegrant
Why get an e-bike or e-cargo bike?
- Quicker, more reliable local business journeys
- Reduced mileage costs
- Healthier travel option for staff
- Set up a delivery service for your products using an e-cargo bike
- Reduce your business carbon emissions
- Demonstrate your commitment to environmentally friendly business practices
Who can apply?
Businesses of all sizes can apply, including sole traders.
Charities and public sector organisations will be considered where demand and benefit can be demonstrated. However, priority will be given to businesses.
Applicants will need:
- A bank account in the business name
- To have been in operation for at least 12 months
- Premises in the Town’s Fund eligible area*
*Herefordshire businesses and organisations with premises located outside the eligible area can apply, but they will need to demonstrate how they will use the e-bike or e-cargo bike for business purposes within the eligible area.
Deadline for applications
The closing date for applications is January 27, 2021. Applications will be assessed on a first come first served basis. In the event of a high volume of applications, it is not guaranteed that funding will still be available by the closing date, so it is recommended you apply as early as possible.