Security and defence businesses from across the Marches are being urged to sign up for a special webinar to help them develop new markets in Central Europe.
Jim Vithanage, of the new Marches and Worcestershire cluster group covering the sector, says the February 25 webinar is an unmissable opportunity for companies wanting to do business in Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Romania, Poland and Slovakia.
Officials from all the countries will be present at the hour-long event, which gets under way at 10am.
Jim said: “All these countries have large budgets set aside for defence and security enhancement so will be of interest to many companies in both the Marches and Worcestershire areas. After this webinar the interested parties will also have the opportunity to sign up for a one-to-one session with the relevant officer.”
Key areas of opportunity across the network include:
Army and Defence
- Light Assault Vehicles
- 8×8 armoured fighting vehicles
- 4×4 light armoured and non-armoured vehicles
- Modernisation of infantry fighting vehicles
- Airport modernisation
- Surveillance, reconnaissance, and combat systems
- Robotic and unmanned systems
- Multifunctional corvettes
- Frigates and modernisation of the ones in-service
- UAV systems
- Combat and utility helicopters
- Border monitoring/control – smart borders, surveillance capabilities, mini-UAVs, etc.
- Surveillance equipment
- Drones and Counter Drone Systems
- Body-worn cameras
- Covert surveillance equipment
- Special & anti-terrorist equipment
- Equipment for CNI protection
- Solutions for monitoring of suspicious web activities – extremism, dark web
- Military cyber defence/communication technologies – UK capabilities in encrypted communication technologies, cyber security management
- Artificial Intelligence
- Internet of Things
- Big Data Management
The event is one of a series being organised by Jim in his role leading the cluster, which covers the Marches Local Enterprise Partnership region and Worcestershire, working with Shropshire Chamber of Commerce and Herefordshire & Worcestershire Chamber along with the Department for International Trade (DIT).
For more details about the event and to register visit: https://eu.eventscloud.com/ehome/index.php?eventid=200218703&